Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Crafty Therapy

Hello Friends, it's been a long time since I've shared a card and the truth is that there has been lotsa drama around here. Lotsa sickies and busyness. I have had MANY projects laid out on my craft table and walk by with a load of laundry, a ringing phone, a family commitment , a sick kid or hubby to tend to or general catastrophe to handle and my love of crafting has gone on the back burner. Isn't that all of us? Family first, so every now and then I have made it a point to leave the laundry unfolded and the dishes waiting a while so I can get my CRAFTY on. I feel less cranky and stressed so I say it's worth it. And guess what? My family lived through my severe neglect, HaHa!

I made this card a couple of weeks ago for the beautiful daughter of some very dear church friends. She was married a few weeks ago and I made this card keeping the invite she sent out in mind.

The stamps are all Unity and you can check it out here and I noticed that part of the sentiment is wierd. I emailed them to let them know but loved the way that it turned out anyway. They are pretty awesome so I know that they will make it right. You have to know I have NEVER had any problem with any of my Unity products and have amassed a very PRETTY collection of Unity. I gush quite often about them.



I used Memento ink in Tuxedo Black for the frame, embossed it lighted with a little gold, then stamped the bicycle and sentiment with Versamark and used Sparkle Black embossing powder. I tried this like 5 times and COULD NOT get it straight so I just went with it and yes the crazy lady in me is super annoyed with it. In reality I know I will be the only one to even notice. Yep, CRAZY! I used a Martha Stewart punch for the heart border and I'm quite proud of myself for finding a use for it before Valentine's Day because I think I love it! The papers are Coordinations for the red cardstock, the pokie paper is Paper Pizaaz, the houndstooth is DCWV and the white cardstock is American Crafts, Tim Holtz distress inks. The lacey thingy is Jolees. Hope you enjoy it! Thank you so much for stopping by. Until next time Amigas. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! My stuff is never perfectly straight so this looks GREAT to me!

    ReplyDelete