Friday, April 27, 2012

Papercrafts Magazine Very Schmancy Retirement Card











** I am entering this as a last minute Paper Crafts Magazine April Gallery challenge! Check it out HERE ** I love me some Papercrafts! That magazine is soo amazing and gives me tons of inspiration.

Hello Everyone, here is a card that I made for friend of my Uncle's. It is to celebrate her retirement and basically the criteria for this one was very girly with no pink. An oxymoron? Nope not at all. I have 3 girls and there is not a bit of pink in my house.

This card shall be called the coming of the fancy schmancy. I just love love it in general. The patterned paper is GCD Paris Nights Stack (very fancy) the paper is actually flocked. The small frame is from Michael's and came unfinished. I tried some generic crackle paint that didn't work. First I painted it BRIGHT yellow, then crackled medium then off white. Hmm.. don't know what I did wrong, but I'm getting the Tim Holtz stuff for next time. The silhouette stamp is Hero Arts and I just adore it. That pearl/rhinestone swirl (fab right?) flower and leaves are recollections. The ribbon is Hobby Lobby. Since the paper is flocked and the frame is thick I used a lot of hot glue. This is always tricky because of course you have to worry that you are not warping your paper and it is EXTREMELY permanent. The Congrats! is a colorblock rub on. I very rarely use rub-ons, I am very clumsy with them and the weird thing is that it looks shiny but it's not.

So this is how it all came together and I'm happy with the results. Thank you so much for visiting my little blog, I am always grateful for the opportunity to share. Until next time amigas.    

No comments:

Post a Comment