Monday, July 18, 2011

Chutes and Ladders Fun

Hello, my friends. Hope everyone had a great weekend. We had a busy weekend as usual. I'm sure typical for every family with a bunch of kids. Running around takin' care of business with the Hubs and my pretty Chickies.
 We got a chance to go to a flea market this Saturday morning and OMG I found the PRETTIEST vintage lace, seam binding and goodies. I was so excited I really wanted to hug the seller. Yeah, no poker face for me, LOL! The Jazz the Spaz in me totally came out. My Hubby would've strangled me if I would've said out loud what I was thinking. Something along the lines of "HOLY CRAP! That's all you are charging! Do you know how much you could get for this stuff!"  But I calmly chose my stuff and I have to say it made my day :-) Some creations using those to come.

Here is a very easy card that I really enjoyed making. No stamping on this one, just bright happy cheery goodness. Yea that is a little tiny playing board all of the pieces are real playing pieces, not flimsiness. The spinner actually spins then I put  a foam dot behind it without thinking and stopped it. Arg, it's a learning process right? Note to self: DO NOT make cool moving pieces not be cool moving pieces! 
Funny story is that I found this stuff at Michael's in the clearance bin, all the way at the bottom for $1.00! It was the only one and I was thrilled. I thought it was clearly in the wrong place. When I went to check out the cashier fell in love and offered me $5.00 bucks for it. Said she didn't remember ever seeing that sticker. Her generous offer was kindly declined. I love me some Jolee's. Funny, huh!
Hope you enjoy it. Until next time amigas :-)


Card Recipe: Kraft, Red, White Cardstock: Recollections, Striped Cardstock: DCWV Celebration Stack, Border Stickers: TPC, Party Sticker: ATD, Chutes and Ladder Stickers: Jolee's, red seam binding: vintage, lotsa foam dots and Tombow glue

No comments:

Post a Comment