Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Got Scraps???




Hello friends. Here is a card I made with scraps. I just read the Papercrafts Connection Blog post about scraps and another Go-To-Gal challenge with Cosmo Cricket. Yeah click on that and take a looksie. Well I combined BOTH in this card. All of the Gals are AMAZING! So I got some lovely eye candy on all of their blogs. Check it out here, you will not be disappointed. I am really really a spaz about combining patterns but this was pretty darn easy. This card was one that I was so happy with I almost didn't want to drop it in the mail.

My paper organizing is still a work in progress since my crafty area is in my bedroom. In that was I am very limited. So I try to keep everything as organized as possible. I VERY recently realized I have 2 different drawers for scraps. One that I had started a year ago, then I redid my space and started a second. Well Whoohoo because there were plenty of scraps to work with. The best advice I have is look at Betsy Veldman's blog, she has some great ideas. I cut my scraps down to 6x6 or 3x3, separate them by patterned or solid and go from there.

The base is Kraft Recollections, green and beige is American Crafts, the pokie paper is Paper Pizazz and the hounds tooth is DCWV retro stack, the ledger and yellow rose paper is Colorbok Flea Market Collection. The doilies are Martha Stewart and Wilton, the sentiment stamp is TPC and that very sweet bow with pearls is Jolee's, always gotta add a little Jolee's it seems. Last, but not least, the super-duper cute sticker is Cosmo Cricket "Ever After" collection. Unfortunately it has been discontinued. Super thumbs down. But I kinda went crazy hoarding it when I found out and have bought a buncha packs of it.
Thanks again for looking and until next time Amigas.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jasmine!

    Your card is adorable! I love your mix of patterns...great job! :-)

    Paper Crafts Go-to Gal
    Betsy Veldman

    ReplyDelete