Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Simple Birdie Goodness




The past few days have been insanely hectic around here. Getting everyone ready to get back to school, orientations and the DREADED clothes shopping is torture. We also have all of the dentists and doctors appointments to get out of the way. Major wallet drainage and sweltering heat with indecisive teens is not for the faint of heart. Don't get me wrong I love my girls but I wouldn't wish back to school shopping on my worst enemy. Well, maybe the worst but that's just cuz I'm mean like that. So soon we will be back to our normal schedule and craziness. But that's okay because I also hear A LOT less, "I'm bored, what are we doing today?". LOL

Now on to the crafty goodness. Here is a Birdie card I made that was fairly simple. The patterned paper is Autumn Leaves, the frame is Me and My Big Ideas, stamp is TPC, the jewels are Making Memories, ribbons are all Joann and the brad is Chatterbox.

I love that M&MBI frame is so beautiful, and I love the whole new stuff they are making. I do wish very much that the surface wasn't glossy and easier to stamp. So I stamped the sentiment with Staz-on and it smeared a little because it is so glossy. That's okay, not too bad right? But I do like to include the mistakes I make so hopefully it helps someone out there. Or perhaps someone has a better way to do that, I would love to hear about it. Maybe I should have used dye ink but didn't want to risk it smearing and ruining the frame. I only had one of these. :-(  It's always a learning process right? All part of the fun. So the result is a cute fairly simple card. Thanks so much for looking. Until next time Amigas.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment